Welcome to this week’s Five from David
Your exercise tip
To have a short sharp exercise session that you can do anywhere, try this format:
- select six to eight exercises (try two pushing, two leg, two pulling and two abdominal exercise).
- Have a good warm up before starting the session.
- Complete one exercise for 30 seconds, and then have a 10 second break. Complete another 30 seconds, with a 10-second break. Continue with this pattern until you have completed six 30-second sets on the exercise.
- Repeat this process for all the exercises.
- Cool down and stretch afterwards.
This will be a tough routine, so you may only want to start with four exercises, then build upon this.
Your health tip
Some interesting news from the USA on Trans fats:
The 2015 simple change challenge
We are now starting the 23rd week. Try to remember that repeating continuously the simple steps of three
food changes and the diarising of your activity planned for the week will make the goal much more likely to
1. This week we are at 195 minutes of cardiovascular over the week.
2. Have some warmer exercise clothes that are comfortable to exercise. Begin warm will make all the difference to you getting in a good start to your session.
Your life tip
Being around people that challenge you and ask higher standards of you will always help you get the best out
This week’s wise words
‘You cannot make the same mistake twice, because the second time, it is a choice.’
Have a great week and keep healthy in 2015.