One of the most common forms of arthritis is osteoarthritis. Because it is caused by wear and tear on joint linings it tends to get worse in later years. Although it can be painful, depressing and frustrating, good management can make life much easier. Physiotherapy advice and treatment can make a critical difference.
SYMPTOMS & SIGNS
- Recurring pain or tenderness in a joint
- Stiffness, particularly early morning stiffness
- Swelling in a joint
- Obvious redness or heat in a joint
- Inability to move a joint
HOW GOONELLABAH PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTRE CAN HELP
Our physiotherapists at Goonellabah Physiotherapy Centre are highly qualified in the assessment and treatment of the effects of osteoarthritis.
- Reduce pain
- Improve movement, balance and posture
- Strengthen muscles
- Improve independent function
Treatment methods may include gentle mobilisation, heat, modalities such as ultra sound, aquatic physiotherapy, splints and advice on preventing further joint damage.
Return to the Physiotherapy Overview Page