PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR FITNESS
Fitness is a state of being. It reflects the total contribution of various body systems and structures to your overall well-being.
Strength, flexibility, stamina and co-ordination are some of the elements of fitness that rely on the efficiency of the body’s circulatory, musculoskeletal, respiratory, neurological and hormonal systems.
Fitness means having each of these systems functioning smoothly with each of the elements of fitness blended to suit your needs.
Are You Fit?
If you currently cope with all your daily activities (work, sport, domestic and child rearing duties) without undue fatigue at day’s end, then you are fit – at least for your current lifestyle.
If you don’t complete all your day’s activities, or you feel exhausted at the end of the day, you aren’t fit and may be risking illness or injury as a result.
HOW GOONELLABAH PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTRE CAN HELP
A physiotherapist at Goonellabah Physiotherapy can help you:
- Identify areas of fitness that need improving.
- Evaluate any health risk factors and test current fitness levels.
- Overcome or compensate for disabilities of the effects of previous injuries.
- Set goals appropriate to your physical condition, making allowances for disabilities, age and pregnancy.
- Design a program to achieve these goals in view of your time, profession, motivation, access to facilities and financial factors.
- Monitor your program and check your progress with regular testing.
- Refer you to an exercise physiologist/personal trainer.
Return to the Physiotherapy Overview Page